Friday, October 16, 2009

Using the "You're on the Mark, Teixeira!" template, John's calls for other stars

The blast-blather template John uses for Mark Teixeira home run calls is unique, compared to those of other Yankees. (Georgie juices one. Bern, baby, burn. Robbie Cano, doncha know...)_

In no other case does he surgically implant the first-name into the blather structure. And yet... it works!

It's a formula John should use more often...

You're making me melky, Cabrera!

Gimme some mo', Rivera!

You're a hot cup o' joe, Girardi!

Great job-a, Chamberlain.

Of you, I'll never have my fill, Hughes!



And if John ever hosts the Oscars...

Take me to the mat, Damon!

You bet I will, Ferrell!

Feel free to use my john, Travolta!

Oooh, you're the guy I wanna pierce, Brosnan!

You're what God drew, Barrymore!

You done paid my bill, Murray!


All I have, you're robbin,' Williams!

There's nobody like you, Jackman!

I wanna marry Kate Olsen!


Everything I got, I'm owin' Wilson!

You make me scarlet, Johanson!

You're maxi, not mini, Driver!

Take me to the gym, Carrey!

I'll follow you into the loo, Dobbs!

You're the guy I wanna lance, Armstrong!

Woah, you gimme a woody, Allen!

5 comments:

MattG said...

I'll have the fettuccine alfredo, Aceves!

A concerned ALPH said...

One day, in a far upstate refuge, El Duque went insane.

Today was that day.

Unknown said...

John Sterling makes me NAUSEOUS. GREAT POST. I love the ideas. Anyways, I work for Steiner Sports and we have some incredible New York Yankees memorabilia. Check it out!

Stang said...

Tom, if you're going to hate The Voice Of The Yankees, I'm not going to buy any of your memorabilia.

MattG said...

Yeah, that stuff is waaaaay overpriced.