Wednesday, March 28, 2018

...and reasons to be cheerful.

Did anyone else read the Daily News baseball preview piece about how Ma Boone's wife, Laura Cover, has done outstanding work rebuilding Haiti for years? And that in the course of this, she adopted two local boys who have now been in the Boone family for years?

And that she also used to be a Playboy model.

I mean, the man has married a former Playmate who is also smart enough and big-hearted enough to spend her spare time working for the mandated of the world, and making them part of her family.

Can anyone truly doubt that this guy has the JuJu to compete with ODUMODU?

Among other things, the guy has turned a devastating, freak off-field injury into a managing gig in the Bronx.  He's even luckier than Lucky Cashman.  And then there's Laura, of whom we are in awe.

I feel fine.

10 comments:

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Hoss, do you need a moment (or a few moments) alone with your thoughts?

HoraceClarke66 said...

I'm calm now.

Parson Tom said...

I believe he's ready for Opening Day!

el duque said...

Managers always get the hotties.

joe de pastry said...

so I looked for images of this laura cover, and all I can say is she probably reminds president dump of his daughter

Anonymous said...

NICE OUTLOOK HERE HOSS.

GREAT POINTS ALL AROUND.

David in Cal said...

Yes, managers have long gotten the hotties. E.g. Leo Durocher and Laraine Day.

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

Even though they do not support my prediction of 91 wins, this is a site I regularly go to for analysis.
And to have some fun. They put the Yankees at 95.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-our-mlb-predictions-work/

HoraceClarke66 said...

Thanks, ALL-CAPS.

Golenbock describes Durocher's approach with the ladies. Oy.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.