Monday, March 19, 2018

Yanks Acquire Fish Part

I was pre-mature in speculating that Jake Cave would remain a trading prospect.

But I was correct in seeing that Cashman has a trading addiction.  Personally, I would prefer that his addiction of choice be alcohol, drugs, gambling or fast cars.  Even unattractive waitresses from Tennessee would satisfy.

Because today, without really getting a good look at Jake Cave, we acquired this:



Someone named Gil from the Twins.

A young Dominican ( always a potential baseball prospect ) who claims to pitch.  He is a league below whatever is the lowest.

More " depth"has just been expended for a future no one can put to a timetable. I am convinced that this is a " counter-balance" in Cashman's mind to his obsession with acquiring veterans, no matter how mediocre.  He has to know he is irking the fans.  Now he can say, " but I just acquired an 18 year old flame-thrower."

Count on this;  if he is good, we'll never see him.  He will be cross-dealt for some other old, tired, boring wash-out veteran.

 Cashman deals players just like local politicians deal for votes, making campaign promises like,
 " I will grant huge increases to all pensions," without ever funding them.  And like the politicians, he will be long gone, basking in his beach house, before the price has to be paid.  Before we all realize he has pissed away another home grown talent for somebody else.  It is the action that arouses him.  Not the end result.

He is like the Alabama sheriff who took $740,000 out of a $750,000 fund meant for prisoner food, and built a beach house. The remainder went for cheese doodles in the mess hall.

Only in Alabama, is it legal for sheriffs to do this.  They have kept a depression era law on the books to support the practice.  And who calls Alabama backward?

And only on River Avenue, is it legal for Cashman to deal away our farm system for fish parts.

The chaos never ends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"LIVE ARM"....

COOP LOVES TO USE THAT PHRASE....

DEAD DEAL.

JM said...

This place is really depressing. For the simple reason that it's usually always right.

HoraceClarke66 said...

I agree, it was a terrible trade.

If you're not going to play Cave, at least keep him for part of a deal for a major-league pitcher, come July or so.

Much as I've defended Cashman of late, this is the sort of idiocy I cannot abide.

alenna alison said...

I am Alenna Alison This is my testimony on how my ex lover come back home..i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to chief priest ODUMODU for bringing back my lover who left me for almost 2 year,i feel like my life is completely over, so one day as i was browsing searching on the internet for recommend spell caster who will help me to bring my lover back, Finally i met a writing how so many testimony talking about how ODUMODU help to restore relationship back,so i decided to give it a try so i contacted the spell caster called ODUMODU and explain my problems to him,and he cast spell love spell luckily within the 48 hours my lover really called me and started apologizing for all he had caused me.and be begging me to accept him back and will are live happily marriage, I am the happiest woman on earth today because ODUMODU has done a wonderful deeds in my life and i will continue to share this testimony, i pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to help more people having similar problem like mine, contact him. drodumodusolutions@gmail.com

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.