Friday, March 16, 2018

Colossal Collusion

So Judge's shocking remarks to Manny M. actually drew a Times piece today. Billywitz must have been ecstatic, in his lonely Florida sojourn.

Of course, for one Yankees article, the Times hit back with soccer pieces on just what cities would host a potential, North America World Cup, and FIFA plans for a global, all-women's league (presumably without the sexy costumes one of the corrupt buffoons who used to be FIFA's president once suggested the fairer sex gambol about the pitch in).

This is what amazes me about Times sports coverage:  how much of it really isn't about sports, just venues, administrative decisions, ancillary pieces on money or drug use, etc.

It would be as if their international news section ran huge, front-page articles on just what hotels the next Davos conference would be in, or their theater coverage was confined to what concession prices were averaging in the big Broadway houses.

Anyway, it now stands at Soccer 43, Yankees 22 for the year, and Soccer 16, Yankees 7 for March.

Yep, baseball's spring training has brought one soccer pieces a day for the Paper of Record...

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.