Friday, March 30, 2018

Jesus, Mary And Aaron !


As some of you know, when I visited spring training, I hoped this was going to be an easy year.

Sure, Bird would need surgery before opening day but he has never made it healthy to an opening day.

It is no co-incidence, by the way, that a foot ( ankle ) problem can cause poor timing with the bat.  Hitting requires balance and co-ordination ( eye, hands, feet, hips thyroid, etc ) at an intense level....with rock hard balls being hurled toward a batter at 95 mph and more.

 Bird's dismal hitting was directly related to his nagging pain.  We all know he can hit.  We just don't know if he can ever stay out of the infirmary.  For some, it becomes a sick kind of psychological compulsion ( reference; Nick Johnson, and people who stab themselves at night in the kitchen).

Which brings me to today's news and dismay.  On the day when you know who got out of the bat cave and headed skyward, our own biblically named icon ( Aaron ) went into it.  One friggen day of meaningful baseball and he is gone.

 He has what we call ( in Swanese) " an intercostal...not coastal....muscle strain."  You can get it from paddling too hard and too fast around the lilies, or running out infield singles.  Aaron got it, somehow, in doing the latter.

Never mind that in this morning's box score he was 2-4.

So the injury replacement parade begins.  The depth of the miracle, and highly over-rated farm system is tested.  McKinney comes up.  One underperforming first round pick substitutes for another ( neither of which were originally selected by your GM ).

So what is today's line-up?  We know Gardy moves to CF.  I hope Judge stays where he is.  They will never start McKinney, particularly in LF ( he is a RF).  That can only mean one thing:

The Italian Stallion ( named after an English nobleman....the Stanton family of plymouth rock ) will be in left.

Double trouble.

I already need a break.

8 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Great Gawd A-Mighty, Alphonso!

Do not—do NOT—ever use the appellation "Aaron" without quickly adding a surname! Particularly when you describe him as an "icon." And when they both went 2-4 the day before. You scared the Wambsganss out of me!

Hicks is a pity, but his 10 days on the DL we can get past, and it will be interesting to see if McKinney has anything at all.

The Other...ohohohoh...I shiver just thinking about it.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Aaron, as spokesman for his little bro - Moses, reminds us that we must endure 10 plagues before the Pharaohs (i.e., gammonites) free us from slavery and we can return to the promised land (#28).

Can we count the plagues of last year (e.g., Comiskey electrical boxes) among the 10 plagues? Or are due for a handful more this year?

Local Bargain Jerk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Swanee!! Puh-LEEZ!! Never again refer to that creature as "your" GM (thus, my/our GM, by extension). That person is NOT, and never has been MY GM.

I am a life-long Yankee fan - - IN SPITE OF him (and the others in the current clown-car of a front office). Thanks. LB (No J)

Alphonso said...

Sorry about the Aaron confusion.

What does a swan know, anyway?

JM said...

Clank in left. So it begins. Hicks is going to revert to the mean, anyway, if he can stay off the DL.

HoraceClarke66 said...

It's all right. It's just that I'm a very fragile fan.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.