Sunday, February 24, 2019

Searching for meaning in a meaningless universe...

The 2019 season has begun. This I know, because Alphonso spent most of Saturday texting condemnations of Yankee batters and pitchers. For all his worries, one stat rises above the rest: Eleven men left on base. Yep, we're in mid-season form. But but BUT... check out these notes...
 
Greg Bird went 2 for 2, with a double. I'll take it, keeping in mind that he's been Mr. March in past springs. It sure would be nice if he finally came of age.

Clint Frazier singled. I've almost forgotten how hopeful we were about this guy.

Tyler Wade hit a double. I still feel he's more likely than  Tulo to play 50 games at SS. And he stole a base. (Ellsbury is never going to be such a threat.)
As for the pitchers, Cortes is sort of a disappointment, but he's ticketed for Scranton anyway. The only thing meaningful in these games is if someone gets hurt (remembering the Grandyman.) 

And so it begins...


4 comments:

Publius said...

Yanks jump out to 3-0 lead but by the time the second turn through the Red Sox order ends, its 6-3 Sox. Mid-season form indeed.

Anonymous said...

I WAS FOLLOWING PHIL DIEHL LAST YEAR.

HE IS A LEFTY RELIEVER, AND HE HAD INCREDIBLE NUMBERS LAST YEAR.

LOTS OF STRIKEOUTS PER INNINGS PITCHED.

NOT SURE BUT I THINK HE WOUND UP LAST SEASON IN AA.

I THINK HE NEEDS TO BE ON OUR RADAR AS LEGIT, BUT NO ONE KNOWS THIS GUY.

13bit said...

So, he’s an alcoholic? At least he made it to AA.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.