Seriously. What else to say?
Ten thoughts, all to be denied later...1. Apparently, the Captain is out, the China Doll in. If so, I wish Boonie let Giancarlo pinch-hit in the Boston blowouts. Get that first K out of the way. Did Garret Crochet learn us anything?
2. If he misses October, what a lost year for Aaron Judge. Seems like yesterday, he was leading Team America into the WBC? (With Roman Anthony, no less.) A great season loomed. What a letdown. That's baseball, Suzyn.
3. Last week, MLB proposed a ballpark be built in the Grand Teton National Park, because - hey, that's America, Suzyn. Unfortunately, snowflake, libtard, fuzzy-wuzzy Antifa Dumbocrats sniffed the plan and - to make sure wolves can roam free and eat your mom - canceled it, as they do everything that smells of Sydney Sweeney D-cup capitalism.
4. How about the Grand Canyon! The place needs a boost. How many times can you look at a gorge? Home runs over the cliff! Or the Brea Tar Pits? No bad hops. In fact, no hops: Gound balls hit the goop and stop. And what happened to the outfielders? They were here a minute ago.
5. Oooh, ooogh! Jumpin Jehosafat! The Great Pyramid at Giza! The Great Wall of China! The Mall of America! Area 51?
6. So, Gerrit Cole tonight? In postseason play, he'll be picking up where he left off: Pointing to Anthony Rizzo, except now, he'll be in the broadcast booth.
7. I get it why Boone will start Cole. He's de facto pitching staff captain. But his problem all year has been the instant collapse: Bloop and blast. If he gives up a two-run shot, it might be over.
8. Here's a thought. Bullpen game without the bullpen. Cole for three. Rodon for three. Blackburn. Headrick. Bednar. Game?
9. Everybody's rested. Could Tampa maybe be too rested?
10. Starting time: 6:30 p.m.
Big game tonight.

42 comments:
EVERYBODY- Make sure your diaper is secure.
And I have to get up early to catch a train to Paris. Gosh, my life is so hard.
Still, I think I'll stay up a while and see the first innings. If Cole can keep the ball in the stadium, we have a good shot.
Side note: today is Unification Day here in Germland. It's dead outside, everything is closed, nobody coming in on the trains to shop or be touristy. I remember when unification was announced, I looked at my wife and said, "This is a big mistake." And she said, "Totally." And we were right. The East is a pain in the ass, always complaining that it's still not the West, still has catching up to do, voting for Nazis. East Germany should've been left to figure things out like the other former Soviet satellites (minus Yugoslavia, that was a nightmare). Then, when they grew up to be capitalist-ish, unification could be discussed.
But that's as over and done as Cole and Rizzo looking at a grounder. No backsies.
Go Yankees.
The Boston Beatdown was such a magnificent and shocking turnabout that I have come to regard it as an anomaly. Call it a high water mark on an otherwise worthless Yankees summer. I'd just as soon be done with baseball and I suspect the Yankees too will soon be. I hope I'm wrong.
By the way, there is no room in or near the La Brea Tar Pits for a stadium, even a little league one. Unless we tear down LACMA. Death Valley would be a more appropriate venue. Just not in the summer.
Shit….
Hey Bitty?
What specific brand and, uh, model of diaper do you recommend? I’ll run out before the game and pick up a twelve pack whilst picking up my six pack.
And gosh darn it…..why isn’t there an official diaper of the New York Yankees? They appear to have almost everything else covered at this point. And it simply would make choosing which one to buy so much more of a no-brainer.
(And having Aaron Boone as the brand spokesperson creates a multi platform campaign that honestly writes itself).
I tend to agree with your assessment of the Boston series, Dick.
It could be some branded Yankee diapers and the slogan/war cry would be "They catch EVERYTHING." Any time there's a great catch in the outfield, it's "And THAT ONE is brought to you by Yankee Diapers - they catch it ALL!!!!"
And as for personal recommendations, I'd go for the "US Diaper" brand, recently renamed after it was nationalized. AND, you get a thousand dollar rebate check for every diaper, AFTER the November elections, but only if you vote for the correct party. As a bonus, you get early access to the new commercial for US Diapers, where their spokesperson, Natalie Harp, gives a SOLID endorsement.
“Hi. I’m Aaron Boone. Manager of the New York Yankees……..Whether it’s a single, or a double or I load the bases…..
Yes, look at how many more wonderful spy novel and movie plots could have been produced if not for unification !
Avoid the diapers featuring Trent Grisham. They don’t catch anything.
AA, to find the answer to your diaper question, please listen to WFAN (you can DL the app on your computer). After the second out of the fifth inning. That's when the plug for the " Official adult diaper of the NY Yankees" is aired. Suzyn is compensated as the spokesperson.
Lol!
My niece set up a birthday dinner for my brother-in-law for tonight. At 6:30pm. At a restaurant (Gazala’s, on the upper west side) with no TVs.
My niece set up a birthday dinner for my brother-in-law for tonight. At 6:30pm. At a restaurant (Gazala’s, on the upper west side) with no TVs.
Movement not his forte, bowel or otherwise.
Do what we did in grade school, put an earphone in your ear and listen online.
As long as MLB constructs a temperature-controlled and domed stadium, why not build it in the Mojave Desert? Let the 4 states bid for the rights. More money for Manfred Mann and the owners.
Through at least 2003, when the Yankees were last relevant, I ALWAYS carried a small transistor radio with one of those little white wired earphones. I could pretend to be participating in life, but I was really consumed with the Yankees. Thank you, Mr. Sterling, for those intimate years.
You could use composting, waterless toilets. The fecal rat dogs could be replaced with fecal lizard dogs. Occasionally, a javelina would find its way in and run across the outfield. Players would have to shake out their cleats for scorpions. And tailgating would be like a Survival thingie. Some people would make it. Some wouldn't.
Meteor Crater in Arizona.
Yeah, my nephew and his family are coming over tonight for dinner at 5:30. I figured, great, my four-year-old great-nephew will be ready for bed and we'll be ready for the 8-8:30 starting time.
But no.
Oh, well. Love my nephew, and his wife, and their adorable child. And if it is a terrible day for our Mr. Cole...
Perish the thought.
The start time is around 6:30 PM
Five places MLB should look at...
1) Little Big Horn - Have the Guardians (In retro uniforms -wink) play the Texas Rangers (Wink).
2) Greenland - Build the stadium with an underground bunker like the one going under the East Wing (Wink).
3) The Texas / Mexico Border - Build the stadium with a left field wall like the one in Fenway. Game ends. Tear down the stadium. Leave the wall. (Wink) Send Mexico the bill.
4) Appomattox VA - Tear down historically insignificant court house where nothing happened.
5) Citi Field - They don't play baseball there. They should.
I once attended a wedding in New York where the groom brought a tv to the reception so he and his bridal party of Yankees fans could watch the playoff game when, I believe, they were playing the Mariners. Amazingly enough, they are still married.
Another wedding I attended: the groom was a Yankees fan, she was a Mets fan. She wore a Mets cap throughout the reception. Both were lawyers, he Jewish, she Catholic. They agreed that they would raise their children Jewish as long as she could then raise them to be Mets fans. They are still happily together and when the boys were of a certain age they both became Yankees fans which still annoys their mother to no end.
Indeed, I recall listening to WS games in Catholic school with the transistor radio/earphone tandem. (What? WS games during the day?)..at least until the draconian nuns confiscated it.
He's only a brother-in-law. Ditch the party. He will get over it.
Still saying it’s a mistake to start Cole tonight.
It's always great when religion and theology are compromised or completely discounted. Unfortunately, that didn't work out in my marriage. I insisted that I was God, but she refused to believe it.
The Yankees cannot beat the Tampa. Cannot. Willnot. Shall not. Shannot.
Yeah, I agree. Cole will implode. Yanks will lose Game 1, then lose the series. This being baseball, you hope for things happening that you never thought of. But my head says Tampa via sweep, and that's my prediction.
Yep, Boone's Yankees are incapable of beating any team that is really good. And the Tampons are really good.
Ya know that guy on the Tampons, Palacios? Supposed to be from Brooklyn or Da Bronx, a New Yawker. I can see him having a huge series. 17 for 24 with 5 homers, 6 doubles, 2 triples, and 16 RBI. Yeah, in 3 games, he will get 24 at-bats because the Tampons will beat Yankee pitching like a pinata. This guy is already a board certified Yankee Killer.
From the interwebs:
There is no official adult diaper produced by or licensed to the New York Yankees or Major League Baseball.
While the New York Yankees have a long history of licensed merchandise for infants and toddlers, official adult diaper products do not exist in their portfolio. The search context highlights two distinct types of diaper-related baseball partnerships that may cause confusion:
Baby Diapers: The Honest Company launched a "Born a Fan" collection of baby diapers featuring official MLB team logos, including the New York Yankees, in partnership with MLB. These were sold at retailers like Target and Honest.com.
Adult Diapers: NorthShore Adult Diapers is a third-party brand that sponsors radio broadcasts for six MLB teams, including the New York Yankees, for the 2026 season. These are not official team merchandise but rather sponsorships aimed at destigmatizing incontinence among adult fans.
Additionally, third-party sellers on platforms like Poshmark and Amazon offer unofficial or vintage Diaper Dude bags and novelty items featuring Yankees branding, but these are not official MLB adult diaper products.
AI-generated answer. Please verify critical facts.
Ryan Weathers is on the roster for this series. Rosario is off. So thank God for that. They're going to need Weathers to stop the bleeding when Cole gets hammered. If he fails, it'll turn into a double digit rout real quick. I can see the Yankees losing all three games via double digits.
Trent Grisham is on the roster. You know what means. He'll be in CF again all three games.
Time fur some diaper action
Oh, bitty! You complete me! Muah!
Bring the largest screen you have and stream the game in the restaurant.
Heard this on the radio…The Yankees since Aaron Boone has been manager has not won a playoff series when they did not have home field advantage …
Post a Comment