Saturday, April 16, 2016
Posted by Alphonso at 10:37 AM
Can you count? Can you find 8 sleeping piglets?
Hint; Think of the Yankee line-up for away games.
I wish to speak about Tyler Olsen. This 26 year old lefty, who has accomplished nothing, was brought up because, " Seattle has so many really good lefty hitters," saith Girardi.
Tyler immediately showed us the following:
1. He has poor command of the plate ( 2 walks in 2.2 innings of work).
2. Only two pitches ( a slider and a change ).
3. A fastball in the low 80's.
4. No "out" pitch ( zero strike outs ).
5. Inability to stop the onslaught ( 2 earned runs in 2 innings )
6. No apparent effectiveness against the lefty hitters ( only guys he got out were righties)
7. Not a single reason to say, " man, this kid might be the goods " ( ERA of 6.75 last night.
8. Just another arm that nobody wants.
I mean; aren't we at least supposed to pretend to be excited about a new guy? To have some hope for a diamond in the rough? You see this guy in a Yankee uniform, pitching in the Bronx, and you just say, " why?" I mean, there is absolutely nothing there.
The Yankees scored their run in the first inning. But we could not hold the lead, even with our version of Pedro Martinez on the mound ( why does this description remind me of the idiot who declared that Adrien Robinson was the, " JPP of tight ends?"). The difference is; Pedro was great early in his career, during his career, and late in his career. Luis is not great. He is just another 5 inning pitcher ( 4-6 runs ) who can't find the plate. Who dominates nothing and no one.
And by the way, Seattle began scoring in the fourth inning, and never stopped. Every inning for Seattle, from 4-9, had a number on the scoreboard. It made the lone 1 ( run ) and 8 consecutive zeros of the Yankees jump out. Just like last year.
Seattle will likely keep that streak going today. Or, are we pitching our, " stopper?" And our " big bopper" will be back in the line-up today, so this could be huge.
P.S. Lucky for us, I think Olsen threw too many pitches last night for him to be
available today ( 1 pm game).
The organization, not just the team, is pathetic.