Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, April 24, 2016

" Captain, We Are Taking On Water....."

The Yankee comeback got de-railed today, and the pitching of Michael Pineda was, shall we say, negative?

One has to wonder;  If Michael Pineda gives up more homers in five innings, than Jesus hits all year in the minors of majors, did we win the trade?

If Michael tags the Yankees with a loss after one inning of work, is it better having him on the field in the Bronx or having Jesus in Buffalo somewhere?  I mean, if Nick Swisher had pitched, the Yankees likely would have done better.

My point here is that having someone on a team can, sometimes, be worse than not having a player on your team.

Pineda is being paid millions, right?  Guaranteed millions, no matter how he performs?

If having him, say, in Florida instead of NYC meant that the team got more wins than if he was pitching for us, isn't it, " good baseball," to move him to Florida?  Or Nigeria?  Or to go salmon fishing in the Yemen?

In other words, if the guy you have ( Pineda) does more harm to your club than the guy you don't have does to anyone, aren't you worse off?

I'm just trying to re-start the debate.  I am thinking we lost this trade.

By the way, we got a run today.  Oh, and Alex pulled on oblique muscle.  Oh, and one of our Scranton shuttle guys ( Brad Pinder?  Bad Pinder? ) gets , " The Dr. Andrews visit," tomorrow.

Oh, and that Hicks/ Nicks guy is going to have serious shoulder problems.  This is not a 4-5 day thing.

I say bring up that kid who hit really well last year at Scranton, and whose name no one can ever recall.

Who needs to watch Judge strike out three times, while we are hoping he can be good?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AFTER THE BREATHTAKING 1ST INNING TODAY, I WAS SO DISGUSTED, I TURNED AWAY FROM THE TV THINKING MAYBE, SOMEHOW I CAN CHANGE OUR LUCK BY TUNING IN LATER......WELL, I TUNED IN LATER AND LIKE GROUNDHOG DAY, THERE IT WAS!....SEVENTH INNING, AND WE HAD 3 HITS AND 1 RUN.................. AROD IS HURT NOW, AND OUR HAND SHOULD HAPPILY BE FORCED AS WE HAVE NOWHERE TO ELSE TO TURN.......LOOKING AT WHAT WE ARE UP AGAINST (A BUSHEL OF LEFTY PITCHERS WAITING FOR US), OUR ONLY RECOURSE IS TO DIP DOWN TO SCRANTON AND PULL OUT GARY SANCHEZ, AND AARON JUDGE (OUR 2 YOUNG RIGHT HANDED HITTERS)......FIND THEM PLAYING TIME.....SPELL MCCANN WITH SANCHEZ AGAINST TOUGHER LEFTIES, AND JUST KEEP PUTTING JUDGE IN AS THE DH....IF BELTRAN NEEDS HIS DAY OFF, PUT JUDGE IN RF, AND DH SANCHEZ......DO I GOTTA FIGURE EVERYTHING OUT FOR YOU CASHMAN AND GIRARDI?????............. THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE!.....THEY CAN GO RIGHT BACK TO SCRANTON, BUT IN THE LONG TERM SCHEME OF THINGS, THESE GUYS NEED TO BE FORCE-FED SOME MAJOR LEAGUE EXPERIENCE, EVEN IF THEY BOMB OUT....NOW IS THE TIME!!!.......AND YANKEE FANS WILL BE EXCITED FOR THEIR SHOT, AND MAYBE SHOW UP TO SOME GAMES..........DO IT!....DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Everybody talked about the great Bullpen,,,Which they had last Year,,, LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING!!! STARTING PITCHING!!!!!! They give the game away before you can even get to the Bullpen,,, And they still have THE DEAD BATS SOCIETY !!!! going on,,

JM said...

I'm John M, and I approve of the above messages.

Paid for by the Friends of John M Super PAC.

Anonymous said...

Do you think George would approve of the Yankees playing the last 3 or 4 years, he is probably rolling over in his grave. Steinbrenner's should sell the Yankees to someone who cares cause it is obvious they do not. They gave away two fine pictures for what. They still Rob and Dennis to play 2nd. They didn't have to make any trades. BaseBall is Starting Pitching, Pitching, Pitching. Its time to get rid of the steinbrenners, and the rest of the idiots who make these awful decisions.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.