Thursday, April 27, 2017

Raul Ibanez lost his job yesterday

Sad, sad day at ESPN. A hundred layoffs.

We love to make fun of Gammonites on this blog. (Jeez, who doesn't?) But I've gone through media payroll-cleansing days myself, and my heart goes out to everyone in Bristol, even the bastards who always favor the Redsocks. 

When it happened at the Syracuse Post-Standard, four years ago, some of the most emotionally affected people were those who kept their jobs, wrought with survivor's guilt, though it was never their fault. 

Raul got the hook. So did Jim Bowden, the minor league correspondent. So did Jayson Stark. 

The full list of the fallen is here.

2 comments:

Leinstery said...

RAH-OOL, NOT COOOL. Raul be seeing you on the unemployment line. No but maybe ESPN should cut the 10 on air talent who probably comprise 80% of payroll rather what they're doing now.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.