Saturday, April 15, 2017

Stealing A Win



There is no way we can be accused of legitimately beating the Cards today.

I stopped counting how many times Yankees struck out.

For the first few innings, no Yankee put the ball in play.

We had a desperate lineup;

1.  Resting Aaron Judge, who was beginning to flail (again) at pitches in the dirt.

2.  Resting Romine, who homered and had two hits yesterday ( per Joe's strategy of never going with the hot hand.)

3.  Playing Bird, who I am now convinced has an injured ( unhealed ) foot problem and, as a result, cannot get his " legs under him" for quality at-bats.  Hence, he is 1-28, and left 5 guys ( minimum ) stranded on the bases today  as he missed pitches by a foot.

4.  Not having Halliday as our DH.  I think he tried too hard yesterday to impress his former teammates, and hurt his back swinging ferociously and futilely.

5.  Not having either Betances or Chapman available.

I mean CC pitched as though he was alive and well.  And the hitless, rookie catcher handled his duties to CC well.  Other guys ( mostly Jacoby ) contributed but, without the 8 walks, 2 errors, and poor fielders choice decisions by the Cards, I don't think we get by.

We stole the win and avoided incarceration.

Pretty good day.



5 comments:

pepitone said...

Halliday? Oh, I get it. No "o". Happy Easter holiday!

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN'T PREDICT BASEBALL SUZYN...

JOE G. DID IT AGAIN...
ROMINE HITS A BIG HOMER...
BUT RIDES THE BENCH THE NEXT DAY...

I'M STILL HAPPY, DAMMIT.

Anonymous said...

BTW, HAPPY EASTER GUYS...

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Worst win of the season, any other team, they wouldn't have been so lucky.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.