Sunday, April 2, 2017
Posted by Alphonso at 8:38 PM
Meanwhile, a few early indicators;
1. Our " ace" went into the dumpster after two plus innings. He never had a rhythm, he looked like he had never met his catcher, and his post game interview was unintelligible to me.
2. Our three young turks went 1-13, combined, and committed one error.
3. The offense, mostly, was as follows; Castro had a big day with three hits, Judge hit a clutch double, and Headley laid down a bunt to beat the shift. First Yankee ever, I think, to do this successfully.
4. The bright spot was our relief staff, who pretty much shut the Rays down. So we could get back in the game. Only, we didn't. True clutch hitting, just did not appear.
5. We have a day off tomorrow to digest all of this.
Meanwhile, we sit in last place, and lots of guys had poor starts. Never a good thing.