Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

I Will Not Be Intimidated !

There are those of you out there, who think I exaggerate.  Who think I breathe gloom and doom too easily.

Who point out, that," true black swan," events are rare and unexpected.  Like " 100 year floods," and wall street collapses.

You imply that I over-exaggerate, for purposed of attention, respect, and ratings.

Two things to remember;

1.  There are no exaggerations in baseball.

2.  I was born black ( admittedly rare for a swan ), so whenever I appear, it is a, "black swan event," by definition.

As to recent predictions;  did I not say that Greg Bird , who was put on the 10 day disabled list, would be out much longer?

Did I not say that El Chappo, who was put on the 10 day disabled list, would be out much longer?

In baseball, these are not feathery, meaningless predictions.  Losing your first baseman for more than a month, and your top closer for at least 20 days, are not niggling, "pigeon level," events.  These kind of absences wound the team. These missing parts can jeopardize a season.   Haven't we just lost 5 of 6 games?

So here I drift.  Quietly today, but with a nagging twitch in my aft feathers.

And that twitch spells Tanaka.

Call me all the names you want.  I am here and intend to stay.

Tanaka.


4 comments:

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...

They once said about GHW Bush: "Born on third base, thinks he hit a triple."

They will come to say about the frequently reappearing IIH bird:

"Born a common disgusting street pigeon, thinks it's some kind of an elite special swan."

If you had anything of value to offer, PIGEON -- Ellsbury would already be on the 60-day DL.

Shoo! Go away!

joe de pastry said...

Swan and I have both told you to be aware of the imminent Tanaka tear.

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

I'm more worried about Judge on the Tonight Show.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.