Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, May 27, 2017

We Came Very Close

The New York yankees today, in an exceptional display of ineptitude with the bats, nearly won a game, while being victim of a no-hitter.

We all watched in awe as Yankee after Yankee struck out.  This circumstance is called the art
of, " watching nothing happen."

When Oakland scored, after a third out call was missed  (my opinion ) by the umpire on a 3-2 Sabathia pitch, I figured we were done.  Oakland then put together two singles in a row, and tied the game.

Scoring one run without a hit was monumental for this line-up.  Hoping to score two just was impossible.

But Holliday came through, like the professional he is.

And we won the game by scoring 3 runs on two hits.

This dearth of contact ( between Yankee bats and pitches ) is getting contagious.  And I , for one, find it really difficult to watch nothing happen.

But as they say in flight school;  " a win is a win."


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 HITS.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


But as they say in flight school; " a win is a win."

I'm told they also say this in flight school:

     A good landing is when you can walk away from the plane.

     A great landing is when you can use the plane again.

Yes, it's another win, but the last few weeks have been nothing more than a good landing.

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...


Suddenly, this season has become (in the Bronx) -- VERY Zen.

"What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

As fans of the Yankees, we are getting closer to actually hearing that . .

joe de pastry said...

Are you getting these pictures from your daughter's phone?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.