Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bellylard's Top 10 Reasons A-Rod thinks Joe didn't like him

This gem... buried in LoHud's comment section, Jan 30, 5:07 p.m... from "Bellylard."

Imagine Alex on Letterman, reading the Top 10 reasons Joe disliked him:

10. Never got in the habit saying MISTER Torre the same way as the captain.

9. I insisted on having that damned jinx of a number on my back therby causing all the bad luck the team’s had since 2004.

8. I’ve yet to get Joe a date with one of Madonna’s dancers.

7. I actually USED those sporks we have at the postgame buffets. Man, he just hates those things.

6. High socks. You figure it out…

5. Two words – hair envy.

4. I always yelled “HA!” whenever he crossed in front of me.

3. I tried too hard to please him, I mean, I even complimented him by saying his daughter looked just like him. Nothing.

2. He’s obviously predjudiced against third basemen winning the MVP and being the best paid at their job, wait a minute…

1. Sorry, I don’t care what I LOOK like, I just don’t swing THAT way.

Nice job, man.

6 comments:

Sean said...

Great stuff.

Sean Serritella

Anonymous said...

We'll have to keep an eye on this Bellyard character. Potential.

Anonymous said...

We could pay him according to the Redsock sliding scale for Captain.

Anonymous said...

I just noticed your headline about the Royals signing the octuplets. Now that's a smart GM.

Ross said...

You must have REALLY had to dig through the comments on LoHud to find something coherent, let alone funny.

Anonymous said...

Now, now, Ross, the LoHud comments section isn't a complete wasteland. But you should drop in and school 'em.