Saturday, December 26, 2009

Letter to the Editor: Indianapolis speaks



The Indianapolis Star (Indiana)
December 20, 2009 Sunday

Dear Editor:

Comparing the 2009 Colts with the 1927 New York Yankees, who are considered the best of all time.

The '27 Yankees had two superstars, Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, and a career year from center fielder Earl Combs. The rest were everyday players who stepped up when it counted and found a way to win.

The '09 Colts have Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis. The rest are everyday players who step up and find a way to win.

The '27 Yankees won 110 games and swept the World Series. Will the '09 Colts go undefeated and win the Super Bowl? In years to come, two teams will be referred to as the greatest of all: the '27 Yankees and the '09 Colts.

Rodney Dreyer
Fishers

1 comment:

Jason said...

This is a great sports blog you have here man. It’s a very good read. I have a sports blog myself but I specifically cover the New York Giants. I’ve been a fan all my life and it’s great writing about them. I would like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around. It can’t hurt us, it’s a win/win on both sides.

Please let me know if this is possible. Take care and keep up the good work.

Jason
GIANTStalk.com