Tuesday, October 9, 2018

"You're So Strange": The Luis Severino Song

With apologies to Carly Simon.

You walked into the bullpen
Eight minutes before game time.
Your cap strategically cocked above one eye
You said your fastball was 99.
You had one eye on your catcher and
You missed his signs all night,
And all the Sox dreamed that you'd stay in longer
You'd stay in longer...

You're so strange
You probably think you're still a good pitcher.
You're so strange
Your madness gets richer and richer.

Well, you had us back in the first half
When your stuff was lights out.
We said you would win your Cy Young soon
Of your future there was no doubt.
But your fastball straightened out over the plate
Your breaking stuff fell all about.
Our Series dreams were just clouds in our coffee
Clouds in our coffee...

You threw real hard just like a real ace
And you had all of the poses down.
But in the end you couldn't go four innings
You looked like quite a clown.
Well you're where you should be all the time
Except when it's time to go.
Then you look just like Sonny
Or another complete schmo
Another complete schmo...

You're so strange
You've never even heard of Ron Darling
You're so strange
I'd even trade your ass for old Starlin'.
Trade your ass for old Starlin'...






16 comments:

Alibi Ike said...

The only thing better than this is your picture with the pokies.

Anonymous said...

:)

Doug K.

I'm Bill White said...

A+

TheWinWarblist said...

I will be in the office tonight. My head is throbbing; I am exhausted from last week's on call. But my throat will be warmed and open. (No cracks, you lot!) Pants optional, I shall finish this season as I started, pulling for these feckless, farting chubby Yankee fuck-ups to pull it together. It need not be pretty. It need not be elegant. But at least let them show up ready and excited to play.

It wouldn't kill a few of them to shorten up their swings and hit the ball the opposite way, for fucks' sake.

Dammit dammit dammit dammit.

JM said...

This is just... wonderful.

TheWinWarblist said...

Sometimes I think of Tweeter, sometimes I think of Jan, sometimes I don't think about nothin' 'cept the Monkey Man.

Anonymous said...

This could be Brett Gardner's final game as a Yankee. I see that he is starting. I hope he get's all gritty and gutty tonight and makes a difference and I hope the stadium crowd gives him his due.

Doug K.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Hoss, fine work once again. Maybe your finest.

On a related note:

Do the Yankees go LOOKING FOR headcase pitchers? I mean the string of zipper heads (I'm looking at YOU A.J.) is getting old.

TheWinWarblist said...

Rufus, please, AJ was a solid citizen compared to this. But yeah, the point is well taken. It could be that all ballplayers (especially pitchers?) are cracked. I don't know. How could I? I'm just a simple country/city Killer Doc.

JM said...

CC, please be CC.

JM said...

The fucking chick again talking about Porcello. How much bias can we put up with?

Anonymous said...

HOSS. IT'S OFFICIAL...

SEVY IS TIPPING HIS PITCHES....

IT'S ALL OVER THE INTERNET.

I JUST SAW IT.

JACKIE BRADLEY JR. IS NEXT TO BETTS ON THE DUGOUT APRON, AND JBJ IS MOUTHING SEVY'S NEXT PITCH. YOU CAN SEE HIM SAY "FASTBALL" BEFORE THE PITCH...HE WAS RIGHT.

BETTS HAD A SHIT EATING GRIN ON HIS FACE.

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR TOO LONG NOW!

WHY CAN'T ROTHSCHILD FIX THIS SHIT?

FIRE HIM!

FIRE THE HITTING COACHES TOO WHILE WE'RE AT IT.

JM said...

Seconded.

JM said...

New thread, btw

HoraceClarke66 said...

Thanks, guys. And All-CAPS, I am actually (somewhat) relieved by that explanation. Still doesn't explain the whole showing up late thing, though.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.