Tuesday, October 17, 2023

"The Road Less Traveled," by Randy Frost

(Sent on tiny cat feet, from the hog butcher and esteemed commenter 13bit)

THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

by Randy Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
But I know little about the game
And be one GM, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
Then traded for some broken arms;

I sold the farm, but just as fair,
And since I’m great at 4D chess,
I got some prospects, worse for wear;
And gave them to our training staff
Who never really know or care,

And then I sat back, thinking hard
The sky had started snowing fast.
The season was over, just for us!
Yet knowing how way leads to way,
I thought that I might win next year.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
I bought a has-been hitter, and put
together a rotten farm, but I sleep well
Hal don’t care, that makes all the difference.

7 comments:

DickAllen said...

Wow. Just fucking Wow.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Great work, bitty!

Scottish Yankee fan said...

It maybe sacrilegious to say but this could even be better than the original
Cap well and truly doffed

13bit said...

I humbly love you all.

Next up, Lord Byron!

Well, let me think about it. It's past my bed time.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Byron was called "mad, bad, and dangerous to know." By his former lover.

I think that fits Cashman.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Phillies won, 10-0. The teams that won or are winning series this playoff season are now 21-1.

Something tells me there's not a lot of fight in these teams.

Alphonso said...

Well done Duque.