Tuesday, October 31, 2023

This one's for Bitty and Win


Years ago, I collected some early-1900s newspaper pages with full-page Sunday Little Nemo comic strips. They've been in a closet forever, but lately I'm thinking of getting some or all of them linen-backed, so I had to measure one to get an estimate.

When I pulled one out, I discovered it was in the same folder as this 1919 comic almost-full page and I just had to share. Especially with the loons who've adopted Krazy and Ignatz as their avatars ("loons" is a good thing, btw). I especially enjoy the headline at the bottom about an empty brain pan. I can relate.


2 comments:

13bit said...

Thanks, JM.

Herriman was a true genius.

A true genius, unlike Brian or Hal, I might add, who make Beavis and Butthead look like Szilard and Oppenheimer.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Beautiful to see.