Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, February 8, 2010

If I Can Ask Any Of You To Care About Baseball For Just A Minute, I Think You Ought To Know About Smoov And What He Has To Say

Football and TV commercials, blah blah blah.  But meanwhile, back in the significant world, the world that is this blog's reason for existing, the world of Yankee baseball, part-time Stadium security officer Christopher Johnson, a.k.a. TheSmoov1, tweeted and blogged an exclusive insider scoop about the 2010 season:
With the Yankees' hot stove practically dormant leading up to Spring Training, I figured I pass along this important tidbit I found out on Wednesday during my in-house training at the Stadium:

Backpacks WILL be allowed in the Stadium and everyone is allowed one bag in the Stadium -- regardless of gender.
If you are a Yankee fan -- and if you're not: get out of here, you fucking spy! -- you need to be reading Smoov's blog and his tweets.

4 comments:

Joe DePastry said...

Where's the real news?
Heyman says the Yanks have gotten Marcus Thames; Deadspin says A-Weird has gotten Cameron Diaz.

I'm Bill White said...

Smoov IS the news. Don't you understand? The backpack rule is gender neutral!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can go straight to a game right after my classes end!

Wait, a decent seat costs more than a new textbook...

Joe DePastry said...

I'm really looking forward to standing in line waiting to get in while they inspect all those backpacks.
REMEMBER: WE ARE AT WAR!