Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Things Overheard from Tim Tebow's box seat at last night's Yankee game

 “Coach Ryan, praise the Lord, spake unto me about men who hath taken the she-maiden form, but I still wasn't ready for that subway ride.”
.
“I"m sorry, what was it you said? I was silently talking to God."
.
"Guess what!  Today, a guy on the street sold me a Rolex for only five dollars!”
.
“I can't believe that I'm actually here, watching the team that traded Jesus! Look, ma! I’m sinning! Weeee!”
.
“Actually, I’m a little disappointed. I'd gotten it in my head that there would be a Broadway production of ‘Brigadoon.’”
.
“... So I said, 'Painted Jezebel of Gomorrah! Stop thy dance of witchery! Thy fetishes of flesh hath made me spilleth my seed!' The whole Starbucks went quiet...”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honestly said, I don't think you can do anything to fend off the attacks. I don't think you got attacked because of something you did, but because lots of people admire you and your work. That's apparently enough for some people to hate you. Only by unpassionating your readers, can you hope to actually stop the haters. I hope you will reject that option.