Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, April 30, 2012

Freddy Garcia sings our song

From his quotation yesterday in the Times.

Start spreading the news...

"We play to win here..."

I'm leaving today...

"They expect you to pitch good..."

I want to be a part of it.

“When you play here,

New York, New York...
"You play in New York..."

I want to wake up in the city that doesn't sleep."

"It’s not like when you pitch somewhere else..."

And find I'm king of the hill...

"We don’t play to develop a player..."

Top of the heap.

"They don’t wait for anybody..."

If I can make it there-

"If you're good, you're good."

You know, I'm I'm gonna make it anywhere.

"You know, It’s not like they wait for you to be good."

It's up to you, New York, New York.

"That’s not how it works here.”

No comments: