Thursday, April 26, 2012

What A Mess.



There is a heavy price attached to my predictions.

In effect, the Yankees fare horribly when I am right, and win championships when I am wrong.

How do I tip the balance to the latter circumstance?

I am having a horrible year, and it is ( thanks Yogi ), " getting late early," for the 2012 Yanks.

1.  The Pineda prediction is now validated ( I love the count-down board...it makes my day ).  But our rotation has been rendered mediocre rather than good. I will be shocked if Pineda ever pitches for the Yankees, and/or is worth dick when he does.  Nice due diligence there, Brian.

2.  My observations on Phil Hughes may be too true.  In other words, not only is he not suited to be a starter, he may not be suited even for 6th inning fill-in work in a 10-1 game.

3.  I really didn't think Freddy was done ( and maybe he'll shape up ), but I was never sure why we went after him rather than Colon ( who is doing just fine, thanks ).

4.  When I hear talk that the Yanks might move Nunez to the outfield, I began hoping for it to happen yesterday.  He is a liability in the infield and has to be a better option in the outfield than Ibanez.  But the Yanks are saying "centerfield only" which is a blind spot( yet another ) in their thinking.

5.  I wish Tex had never said he would beat the shift by bunting and going to the opposite field.  He made us all believe he would.  He won't and he can't.  We shall see the consequences.  I still love his defense.

6.  Phellps now looks unready to face good hitters.  Shit.

7.  We are desperate for Andy Pettitte to save the day.  It wouldn't be the first time.

8.  I thought that we must have some ( one ) position player in the minors who would emerge, surprise and delight us.  We don't.

9.  Cervelli is now our best minor league option at catcher if we need help at the major league level.

10.  A-Rod seems to be flailing again and he will not serve us well in the next 6 years as a $25 million man.  Everyone knows I am right about this.  That double play he hit into in game 2 is more what we shall get than the three run homers we need.

11.  This team cannot generate offense against quality pitching.  Nor can we hit pitchers we have not before faced. Nothing new here.  It is why, even if we get in via the new wild card option, we go out fast.

 Good friggin' luck in Detroit.


No comments: