Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Friday, July 1, 2016

I'm Not With Duque On This

 I have been a master level Ju-Juist my entire Yankee life...meaning, since I could comprehend anything.

But I will not jump on yet another rotting oxen-pulled, bandwagon, heading out to the slag heap.  Maybe the " international" aspect of this proposed JU-JU dance will gain some traction, because all those Euro Zone fans demand is a free Yankee hat.

And we can't count on much of anything, anymore, from England.  They can't even beat Iceland in the game the English " invented."  It is as if the Yankees could not beat some local beer league team from Transylvania in a 3 out of 5 series.

No.  I want the Yankees to go down and stay down.   I do not want there to be any doubt, or ambiguity, about their failure.  I can't stand the fact that we eked out yet another one run victory yesterday, drawing our heroes back up to .500.

 I do agree with our leader ( Duque ) that it is not the players fault.  If I sucked at something, and Hal offered me $20 million over four years...guaranteed...to do my thing ( something that was, at the core, a really fun game I played as a kid), I would jump at the chance.  I would happily suck as I strolled to the Bank.

So Duque is correct in that respect.  It is the pyramid of incompetence and ass kissing started, at the top, by the undeserving heir Steinbrenner, and trickling down to the GM and manager.  They are getting paid for incompetence, based on the thrill of " getting back to .500," this late in the season.

So, I am not on board for again cheering and chasing  false hopes.  We have been doing these interventions for years, now.  And I still look in the mirror, at the end, and find myself covered in cow dung.

So, to hell with the magic.  That only worked when the team, at its core, was really good.  When winning a championship was at stake.  JU-JU works for winning the WS.  Not for climbing one or two games over .500, only to slide back when it matters.

There is, simply put, nothing meaningful at stake for this Yankee team.

In truth, yesterday's win was another spirit crusher for those who feel re-building has to be done.

My Ju-Ju now is for losing.  I want to break records for losing.  Starting today.

I am, therefore, going to root for the Yankees, and feign optimism and enthusiasm.

I am also going to drink.  Alcohol will mask my true feelings.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRING UP THE KIDS....BRING UP THE KIDS...BRING UP THE KIDS...BRING UP THE KIDS....

Anonymous said...

Why bring up the kids????? Moron Girardi will not pencil them in the lineup. The incompetent only uses Refsnyder as a last resort. (Is he simply following that useless GM Cashman's orders??)

el duque said...

You're using double secret reverse juju, and I respect that.

Alphonso said...

Shhhssss.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous..... TRUE, THERE IS NO SENSE BRINGING UP THE KIDS, IF THEY PLAY ONCE A WEEK...... WE HAVE TO BE COMMITTED TO THESE KIDS, SOMETHING CASHMAN AND GIRARDI JUST CAN'T DECIDE ON DOING....

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.