Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Speechless



I am officially in despair, and at a loss for words.

This team is driving the bus down the thruway, straight into oncoming traffic.  And having a party in the aisle.

One or two more shutouts by Yankee pitching, and the talk will be of winning the AL East.  And it is still only July.

The big three didn't even have to pitch last night.  Chasen Shreve brought plenty of firepower against an Orioles team that has turned to glue.

Where we go from here is anybody's guess.

 But the little rich boy, who never achieved anything positive on his own, is smiling and cackling.  He is looking in the mirror and seeing a prince.  He is dying his hair orange.  He is thinking, " If I can pull this off, then I should run for President.  I don't have to do anything to prove worthiness.  All I have to do is be upbeat, tout my billions, and make promises.  My money will be my competence."

Thanks, dad.

If the Yankee fans want action, he'll give them action.  He will start by announcing a new trade agreement.  A Yankee-focused agreement in which the Yankees get all the good players.  Where the people we give up in any trade are losers, who don't contribute anything to this team.  Yes, sir.  He will make the Yankees great again.  Just by promising to do that.

The weaknesses we despicable fans see at the core;  the old and eroding talent, the lack of resources, the crumbling infrastructure of our farm system; the terrible contracts.....all will, overnight, be reset, and restored to former glory.

The little rich boy will deport ( the trade agreement) all of the complaining losers (e.g.  Gary Sanchez,  Mateo, Mason Williams, Severino, etc ) and bring in established, proven leadership. That is to say rich , white guys who are already wearing championship rings.

Those are the names who can still attract the fans to the stadium.  And keep my economy rolling.

What I see cannot be happening here.  We are being tortured and, if this continues, humiliated for not being able to see.

Go Yanks.

5 comments:

JM said...

I said the other day, what if instead of trading Beltran or CC or whichever aging behemoth we currently have, we trade Refsnyder and a pack of kids to push us to a division championship now that we're "so close" to the top?

It can happen. Orange, by the way, isn't the new black. It's the new white.

Anonymous said...

BALD VINNY, (THE BLEACHER CREATURE LEADER), IS SELLING HATS SAYING, "MAKE THE STADIUM GREAT AGAIN" .........STRANGE THINGS ARE HAPPENING..... PINEDA NOT BLOWING UP, (HE IS HITTING 96, AND 97 ON THE GUN PRETTY REGULARLY NOW)..... RONALD TORREYES TRIPLING....HEADLEY NOT PLAYING...... SHREVE GETTING 1, 2, 3 OUTS....DID THE LAST JU JU INTERVENTION PACK A DELAYED WALLOP???.... TUNE IN TOMORROW FOR THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS...... SAME BAT TIME....SAME BAT CHANNEL!!!!

Anonymous said...

LETS ALL GO BY THE MANTRA.... LETS BE SELLERS!.....AND KEEP WINNING!!!!!.... HOW ABOUT THAT??? ....... IF WE STAND PAT AND DON'T DO ANYTHING, I AM GOING TO PUKE.....COME TO THINK OF IT.....THIS SEASON BEING WHAT IT IS...I AM GOING TO PUKE EITHER WAY......... GO YANKS!!!!

Alphonso said...

This is the only way out. Be sellers and win anyway.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.