Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, July 2, 2016

East Coast Shut-Eye



Good morning, revelers!

Anyone on the East Coast who stayed up until dawn, watching the Yankees lose a one run game to the Padres has to be considered a candidate for, " wasted life of the decade."

This game had all the appeal of watching a development league soccer match, in a rainstorm,  between Lichtenstein and Gibraltar.  Or a wooden wheel wagon race in Nebraska, where the wagons are pulled by one-legged retirees.

Is there something wrong with Eovaldi?

 He began the year as our unanticipated " ace," and is now working himself out of a job.  He can't go 4 innings without giving up either multiple dingers, or a single HR with two men on base. In his last 5 starts, his ERA is 9.21  

Coney has got to stop telling us, "what great stuff he has."  It is great only for the opposition line-up.

So I return to my question;  is Eovaldi hurt and, per macho reasoning, not advising the Yankees?  Or is the pitching coach having a melt-down?  In either case, this precipitous decline in one of our starting pitchers adds comfort to the struggle for mediocrity and, ultimately, failure.

By the way, how did we get such a cream-puff schedule?  The Padres haven't been competitive since the Yankees swept them in the World Series about two light years ago.

Come to think of it, neither have we.

Today, we begin a one game win streak.  The formula for .500.

Book it, Danno.

 Just don't turn on the TV or the radio.  It is scientifically proven that one can die from boredom and frustration.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AROD PUT HIS GLOVE ON LAST NIGHT....... RAGE.

Anonymous said...

Joe Girardi is boredom personified. The team has his personality, and he attempts to manage like a robot. His wife deserves a Yankee plaque just for living with him.

joe de pastry said...

I stayed up with the game on tv, muted. But until the 9th inning I was focused on the book I was reading instead of the game. Appropriately, the book was "The Decline and Demise of the British Empire."

Anonymous said...

JUST WATCHED TONIGHT'S DEBACLE..... 1 RUN IN 9 INNINGS..... THIS IS A DISASTER...BLOW IT UP..... BLOW IT UP NOW.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.