Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, July 31, 2016

One game above .500, let the trade winds blow

Let it rain, let the storm winds blow, let the clouds unleash their fury, let it happen - today.

Let Gardy go. Let Beltran go. And CC. Let's say goodbye to Ellsbury, Tex, Pineda, Eovaldi, Nova, McCann, Headley, Castro, Miller, A-Rod, I don't care, let them go, turn them out, blow it up, burn it down, I don't care, I don't care, do you understand me? I've lived and died over the Yankees for 60 fucking years, and do you understand me? I. Honestly. Don't. Care.

What we have are the last junk remnants of Hal's one-shot, checkbook 2009 championship - a move to placate his dying dad and justify the millions of taxpayer dollars that went into the new stadium. What we have is a casserole of old players who happen to wear Yankee uniforms. Is Ellsbury a Yankee or a Redsock sleeper agent? Is McCann and Yankee or a Brave in disguise? Starlin Castro - with the worst on base percentage of any 2B in the American League - is he a Yankee or Stephen Drew with makeup? Chase Headley? Gimme a break. I'd still rather see Yangervis. And don't get me started on Aaron Hicks.

Let it happen. Let them go. The trade deadline ends today. I hereby state that I'm hoping Tuesday's lineup includes Ben Gamel, Mason Williams, Tyler Austin, Luis Severino, Gary Sanchez and whatever we pick up in return for opening the gates. We might not win. But at least we will be playing Yankees. And maybe there will be a future for this boring, horrible franchise.

3 comments:

I'm Bill White said...

John and Suzyn gushed and gushed and gushed and gushed and gushed over how hard that Kevin Kiermeyer plays. And with so much abandon. It was a coded message for Yankee brass and for anyone listening. The way Suzyn said how he was a hard-working minor leaguer who, when he finally made it to the Bigs, told himself, "I'm doing whatever it takes to stay here," that was a message LOUD AND CLEAR. Oh, and she marveled at the JOY he displayed on the field. JOY. BASEBALL. SAME SENTENCE. What a slogan it'd make for the rest of the season if we traded or cut all the old mercenaries and played the young ones. "ENJOY BASEBALL AGAIN" (All Caps used under license from Anonymous).

Anonymous said...

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT SUIT WAVED........ JOHN AND SUZYN DON'T GET THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE...THEY ARE A LOT SMARTER THAN A LOT OF FANS GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR......I AM ALL FOR THE "ENJOY BASEBALL AGAIN" MOVEMENT.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.