Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wow


The past 24 hours have been astonishing in the world of www.MoonBigPapi.com.  

First, David Ortiz released a gracious article in which he gave a shout out to our cause.  This, in turn, opened the floodgates for a previously skittish NY media.  We've been mentioned in a few NY Post articles, CBS Sports, and almost countless Boston media outlets.

I will tell you that it was positively SURREAL to be sitting in my living room last night listening to the announcers on NESN talk about us just before Big Papi's second at bat.

We've had about 10,000 new visitors to the site as a direct result of the above.

The best part -- really and truly the best part -- is that everyone gets it.  They get that it's fun.  They get that it will be monumental.  I can't tell you how much it warms my heart that Big Papi said in his pre-game interview:

"That moon thing.  Can you imagine?  If it happens, I want to make sure I have my cell phone in my back pocket."
I also got an email this morning and it also made my day:
Just hearing about this today. This is great! 
I love the website and the energy behind it! Can't make it to the game, but I'm married to a Red Sox fan, so if it's all the same to you, I'll just moon her! Bottoms up!
For everyone reading this, if you had no plans for tomorrow night, get on StubHub now and buy some seats.  This will be more fun than you've had in years.  Be there.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WILL TRY TO START A CHANT, "LBJ! LBJ! LBJ!", AT THE STADIUM....... IT IS TRULY AMAZING WHAT YOUR IDEA HAS BECOME, FROM A LITTLE ACORN..... TO PAPI KNOWING AND TALKING ABOUT IT ON LATE NIGHT TV, (NOT TO MENTION ALL SORTS OF MEDIA IN NY, BOSTON, AND WHO KNOWS WHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD, JOINING IN THE MADNESS....... KUDOS TO YOU, KUDOS...... I MUST ASK, DO YOU KNOW IF THE T SHIRTS WILL BE SELLING OUTSIDE THE STADIUM TOMORROW?.... IF I SEE THEM, I WILL BUY....... BUT I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF THERE IS A VARIATION OR A COPYCAT OF THE SHIRT BEING SOLD ON THE STREET, OR IF IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE YOUR DESIGN..........TURN, BEND AND POINT!!!! THIS IS FUN MADNESS!

Local Bargain Jerk said...

>> I MUST ASK, DO YOU KNOW IF THE T SHIRTS WILL BE SELLING OUTSIDE THE STADIUM TOMORROW?

ANONYMOUS, sadly, there will not be any shirts for sale outside the stadium.

Selling T Shirts at the game would have required that we create and hold inventory, print in various sizes, hire re-sellers, and generally engage in a host of other unpleasant activities, all of which involved too much work (and monetary risk).

I had hoped that the groundswell of support would have occurred in time for us to make the T Shirt order cut-off, but it didn't.

Rather than start an "LBJ" chant, I think you'd be better off making sure that everyone else in your section is in on it. If every reader of the IIH blog passes the word up and down his/her sections, it will go a long way.

The goal is and always has been to have fun. Seeing 10K butts will be memorable ... and fun. Be there.

Anonymous said...

WELL, THERE WILL BE FOUR GUYS TURNING, BENDING AND POINTING, IN RIGHT FIELD ABOUT 4 ROWS BACK NEAR THE FOUL POLE DOING IT, 100%, NO DOUBT....... BEING AT THE STADIUM ONLY ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO, I WAS KIND OF TAKEN BACK ON HOW "STRICT", AND "TIGHT" SECURITY IS...... MY FRIEND WAS CHANTING "DODGERS SUCK", AND A SECURITY GUY COMES OVER TO MAKE A GESTURE FOR HIM TO STOP.... $12 DOLLARS A BEER AND YOU CAN'T SAY DODGERS SUCK????? ...SO MY THOUGHT HERE IS, IF YOU WHERE A T SHIRT WITH A PICTURE OF AN ASS ON IT, WILL THEY MAKE YOU TAKE IT OFF??? ...... I WOULD WEAR IT UNDERNEATH MY YANKEE SHIRT, THEN PULL THE YANKEE SHIRT OFF AS PAPI STEPS UP TO THE PLATE.....

Local Bargain Jerk said...

>> $12 DOLLARS A BEER AND YOU CAN'T SAY DODGERS SUCK?????

That, my friend, is the new Yankee stadium in a nutshell.

Oh, how I miss Baseball's One True Cathedral. What we have now is a Disney-esque stand-in.


Anonymous said...

ME TOO...... I FEEL LIKE OTHER TEAMS DON'T FEAR COMING INTO OUR HOUSE ANYMORE....

Parson Tom said...

I will be mooning him from Georgia, Mr. Jerk. Truly impressive the groundswell you have created. Have fun!!!

Local Bargain Jerk said...


Mr. Tom:

I know we'll feel your vibe. Fun will be had by all. That's been the goal all along.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.