Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Thursday, September 29, 2016

It's "show" time, boys and girls!


Because I'm a lame-o and I can't stay awake -- ever -- I fell asleep during last night's game.

I woke up this morning and my girlfriend, who isn't a baseball fan, said "The Yankees scored 5 runs in the 9th inning!"  She couldn't believe it.  I couldn't believe it.

I logged in to my emails and received this photo from a friend who was at the game:


I'll share the words from his email because they're classic and they illustrate what it means to be a Yankee fan:
The photo was taken during Big Papi's last at bat of an 0 for 4 night.  It was an epic walk-off granny from Tex. 
The shitty weather ran off a lot of disgruntled Yankee fans.  The Blosock fans were gloating loudly until they were slapped down and put in their place.  It was epic.  I'm still smiling. 
Moon on!
P.S. I also just noticed that before the game, in the Comments field of my score card, I wrote "Moon Big Papi Eve." 
I couldn't allow these treasures to go unshared.  I decided to work them in to some last-minute instructions for the Moon Big Papi website.

WE LOOK FORWARD TO "SEEING" EVERYONE THERE.

1 comment:

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.