Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Note:

I hereby resend (correction as per comments: rescind) any previous request for the New York Yankees to win a game this weekend in Boston.

I call upon the Redsocks - clearly, our superiors - to thrash us... handily, brutally, savagely, like a rented gerbil, when the two teams play this evening on national teevee.

I regret the error of ever suggesting that the Yankees might take the series or even win one game. I apologize for misleading anyone into thinking likewise.

That is all.

10 comments:

Stang said...

But we won the Governor's Cup! What a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Did you, perhaps, mean "rescind", instead of resend, Duque?? Never mind; even double-secret reverse JuJu will get us nowhere, at this stage. Last one out, put out the lights, pleez - - Food-Stamps isn't MADE of money, after all....

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

Crap, I just got invited to see the game tonight, for free. Probably to play the role of foil while watching the Yankees lose. I hesistated saying yes but I think it's my duty to go down with the ship in enemy territory.

Stang said...

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES ABOUT THE GOVERNOR'S CUP?

JM said...

Why in hell would anyone put a bomb near 6th Ave. and 23rd? Are they sure the Yankees front office wasn't behind this?

Steve Miller said...

We suck.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CARES ABOUT THE GOVERNOR'S CUP?

I don't know whether I'm chuckling more due to the question/follow-up itself, or because the follow-up is written in all caps.

Probably both.

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

FYI I left the moment it was 5-4

Alibi Ike said...

If the governor wears a cup, I say he's a pussy

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.