Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bizarre interlude about the Yankees during Carnegie Council Forum on "Syria: The Fall of the House of Assad"

I am not making this up. The Yankees are the ultimate metaphor.
 
Carnegie Council Transcripts and Articles
October 23, 2012 Tuesday 2:46 PM EST

The speaker is David Lesch, an expert on Syria:

LESCH: One of the questions I m often asked these days is: Can the opposition and the government ever get together on any particular issue right now? My answer here today is that my wife Judy, in front of me, was raised in northern New Jersey as a New York Yankees fan [laughter]. I, however, was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland, and am a Baltimore Orioles fan. We are still together and happy [laughter]. I m glad the Yankees won the series because it s always best that the wife be happy in these instances. So, there is hope. There s only slightly less animus there than what s going on in Syria.

No comments: