Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A thought about Yankee values

I've been thinking about what it means to be a Yankee fan. 

From a young age, the Yankees impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond, and you do what you say, and keep your promise, and that you treat the Yankees with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily play. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to the children. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many other Yankee fans to follow. Because we want our children Yankee fans in this nation to know that the only limit to your Yankee achievements is the strength of your Yankee dreams and your owner's willingness to pay for them.

God bless the Yankees, and God bless everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Touche, Duque! Wrote it myself, too....and to the anonymous Grammar Police: don't bother to get on me because the ellipse has too many dots.......

Anonymous said...

How about they bring back an ownership like Del Webb/Dan Topping with George Weiss as GM AND a Mel Allen as announcer How about that
and a Mgr. like Bucky Harris

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...

The answer is obvious. Buck Showalter is a warlock. He's cast a spell on the team. The only rational thing to do is build a bonfire at the mound and fling Bucky to the top.

Well, OK -- it might NOT work. But wouldn't it be satisfying?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.