Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Inquisition

1:31 EST: Alex is a gifted player. Alex has to tell the truth. Alex has to be sorry. There are hundreds of ways to say these things and the pre-show pundits know them all.

1:39: We don't know if he's sorry, but he is late. Is he coming? Did he kill himself? You have to ask. He seems like a guy who's looking for a reason. But this would be a bad one.

1:41: Harold Reynolds: "This is his State Of The Union." Whoa.

1:43: The Yankees announce that A-Rod is late because he's still at his physical. Because they think we'll believe it?

1:46: I heard a rubber glove snap. Bend over, A-Rod.

1:48: That was quick! He's here! With pants on!

1:50: All lined up at the table. Nervous bunch. Cashman, as always, looks like he's waiting for a text from Satan. A-Rod looks like he expects the doctor to come back with the rubber glove.

1:53: A-Rod admits he's nervous! He's telling the truth! He's telling the truth!

1:56: "It's my cousin's fault, too. We were adorable, ignorant kids."

1:57: "They're testing me LITERALLY ALL OF THE TIME NOW, so leave me alone."

1:58: "Did I mention I was adorable?"

1:59: Oh, A-Rod, is there a pill that will keep you from crying?

2:00: The first question is really mean. "If you hadn't been caught, would you have ratted yourself out?" What do you think, creepy reporter?

2:01: By the way, A-Rod told his first lie a few minutes ago: "Baseball is a lot bigger than Alex Rodriguez."

2:05: Were you cheating?
"It wasn't cheating because I'm exempt because I didn't go to college."
Did you take pills or did you shoot?
"Ol' mama spike right in the mainline."
Why is Jamie Moyer being such a dick?
"?"
Why did you make it impossible for us to raise our kids?
"So God could give me this pulpit from which to raise your kids for you."

2:07: "I don't even know what the dope did to me. I must have been really faced... also, a 25 year old is still a kid."

2:10: He says "we're a family." About the Yankees. Derek Steinbrenner and Mariano Steinbrenner shift in their seats.

2:11: If Derek had heat vision, A-Rod would be dead.

2:14: Hey, speak English. A whole question asked and answered in Spanish. What if it was THE answer that PROVED EVERYTHING?

2:18: "It goes back to being young and being curious." Are we still talking about drugs?

2:19: "I respect Selig." FREAK!

2:20: What's in the bottle, freak?

2:22: Sweeny Murti: "How do we know you're telling the truth now, freak?" A-Rod: "Because you're not Katie Couric. It's impossible to tell that woman the truth."

2:25: "I'm here to take my medicine." If your veins haven't all collapsed.

2:27: Press conference over. Time to get out of those pants.

2:30: Uh-oh. Mike Without Mad Dog is pissed. The Yankees "took the media for a joy ride today. They settled nothing." The scandal goes on! Yay!

The end.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Live-blogging? Very impressive, Bomber.

el duque said...

1:53: What's happening, WHATS HAPPENING!!

Anonymous said...

I like the ESPN News feed better than MLB TV, though the lack of reaction shots suck. Who's directing this?

Anonymous said...

The identity of A-Rod's cousin revealed!
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/mindyschulte/JerryFeraraTurtleEntourage.jpg

Anonymous said...

Magnificent, SF.

Wailin' Suzyn said...

Why stop the live blogging? What's happening now?

...


and now?


...


and now?

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute. Are you shitting me?

Nobody asked him to pee in their beaker?

Anonymous said...

Suzyn is right, SF.

Keep it going.

Don't quit.

KEEP. IT. GOING.

Stang said...

Sorry, guys. If I kept going I'd've had to listen to them pundits.

Anonymous said...

Pants.