Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I Think that I like what I do, I think!" The Poetry of Brian Cashman

Poetry from the Bard of the Bronx, spoken Tuesday on the Michael Kay Radio Show and transcribed by Larry Barnes of  Bleacher Report.


TAKING IT

Let’s put it this way:
             uh, ya,
I like what I do
             as long as.
it’s not easy,
             as long as
I can take it,
            you know?


ON THE FIELD

we have a great farm system,
we have great players,
that’s what it’s all about,
                   on the field.


FROM A DISTANCE

There’s a hell of a system here in place
That whether I’m here, or somebody else,
It’ll thrive, and uh and I’m proud to be
A part of it., and uh and but,
At the same time, I’ll be proud
                   to watch
                             from
                                     a distance



ALL IN

You gotta be
all-in AND YA!
We’re at this stage,
I’m all-in, NO DOUBT!



UH-DI-YA-KNOW, HERE I GO


Listen:
You know,
As long as I

Can handle the,
The media alri,
Ya know.

Uh-di-but
After-you know,
Listen:

I think that I like
what I do,
I think!

No comments: