Friday, January 14, 2011

A proposal to Andy Pettitte and his pastor

(NOTE: This is for Andy. Not for you. If you're not Andy Pettitte, kindly move on. You have no business reading this... Yes, YOU. Shew! NOW!)

Hello, Andy...

Howyadoin? 

I humbly submit this proposal to you and the pastor of your church, in the full understanding that I mean no disrespect. Just suggesting...

Ask your local clergy:

How can I best serve God in the summer of 2011?

Should I...

a) Volunteer at the chapel, sing in the choir and attend services regularly, setting a role model for youth and bringing to the congregation a sense of purpose, knowing I traded fame and wealth to be here.

or

b) Tithe 10 percent of my $15 million salary to the church.

Go ahead. Ask.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just announced on YES and Sportsradio 66 WFAN Rafael Soriano has become the new bridge to Mariano Rivera signing a 3 year deal. Yankees might have the best pen in baseball now. We just need to trade for King Felix and we will be ready for Stoner, Blackbeard, and the rest of the Giants in the 2011 World Series.

Stang said...

I'm thrilled about Soriano.

We will never get King Felix as long as the Mariners want to sell tickets. The other reason to pop for a seat, Ichiro, won't last forever.

***

As Duque observed earlier, Andy's arm has a year left in it.

But his legs might not.

I bet he signs w/NYY midseason, like Clemens did.