Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ian Kennedy Has Proven Us Wrong

Many of you know that I have been critical, from time to time,

of Ian Kennedy's pitching prowess.

True, I predicted he would never win a game for the Yankees,
but that is not as harsh as it appears.

In any case, I thrilled to his performance in yesterday's game
vs. the dreaded angels of Aneheim, or Santa Monica, or wherever they hang.

Simply stated, this was Ian's best performance ever as a Yankee pitcher.

He only gave up two walks and hit one batter in his inning of work. And
while some may suggest that as a future starter, such an outing could put
the team at some risk, I say it is the best Ian has got.

He gave up no runs and pitched a no-hitter in this 2009 debut.

Consequently, I award him the "Star Diamond Award " for his performance,
a standard of excellence normally reserved for only bell-hops and check-in
personnel at Motel 6 franchises.


Congratulations, Ian.

I hereby eat crow.

6 comments:

Kenny Phelps said...

He just clinched "Yankee of the Month."

I'm Bill White said...

I still think he will win more games than Babe Ruth ever did.

Unanimous said...

Employee of the Month!

Jim Leyritz's Cellmate said...

Just in case there was any sarcasm there, I'm going to state very clearly that "Ian Kennedy will be our savior".

Still pulling for Joba as Employee of the Month.

Anonymous said...

I read and judged this post as if you were the sarcastic insincere ass you are.

That said. Screw you.

BernBabyBern said...

I'm just flabbergasted by this. Flabbergasted. Absolutely flabbergasted.



... just frickin' flabbergasted.



FLABBER - FRICKIN - GASTED !!!