Sunday, January 21, 2018

Mariners touting prospects stolen illegally from Yankees

A website delving into Seattle's farm system has identified Nick Rumbelow and Mike Ford - two players coaxed from the Yankees as a result of the recent Rule 5 draft - as prospects to watch in 2018.

Technically, Rumbelow was acquired in a trade, but the deal was made entirely because the Yankees couldn't protect him in the winter draft. Ford was selected in the draft, which all competent Yankee scholars view as an illegal seizure of private assets, unconstitutional under any credible system aside from Major League Baseball.

Fortunately, Ford would be returned to the Yankees, if he doesn't spend the entire year on Seattle's 25-man roster. Hopefully, this kind of hostage-taking will be punished on the diamond. 


6 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Aye, and as I and any baseball-followin' fan from Scutland can tell ye, that Ford is gonna be a good'un. Our best hope is he has an awful spring, and the Mariners send him down—and back.

Anonymous said...

Being an ignorant American, I cannot tell if you are doing a Scottish (or Irish, no difference to us) or a Pirate accent. Doesn't sound like anyone I know from Pittsburgh though!

The only living boy in Wishaw said...

Aye Horace and I are mair than a wee bit scunnered that Mike Ford has been pockled by the Mariners.

Buhner's Ghost said...

This is a minor league blog, not a Mariners one. But I'm thankful anyone thinks the Mariners have any prospects, let alone any that are ready for the big leagues. Where they came from is not a concern out here.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


Speaking of Mariner prospects, do you guys know where I can get an ice cream sandwich this time of night?

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.