Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Menace Of Red

When Clint Frazier ran into the wall catching that fly ball the other day, it doomed him.



He made a great catch, just as Jacoby last year did when he, too, collided with the immovable object.

Jacoby did not recover for well more than a month and, by that time, he was deep on the bench.

I am sorry to say that Red may be menaced by the same thing.  An extensive recovery period.

The Yankees are saying his concussion was his first, and it was minor.  I think not.

He is describing symptoms that suggest a fairly significant relocation of his grey matter, and I think he won't play ( or should not ) for 4 weeks.  By that time, the team has been selected.

He may, of course, force himself onto the field.  The personal incentives are high.  But his performance will falter, and the symptoms will return, if he plays too soon.

So he has punched his ticket to Scranton.  Should Jake Cave suddenly emerge, he may have punched his ticket out of town.  All because of a great effort.

" Good deeds shall not go unpunished," said my grandmother goose.



For some reason, the hands of destiny seem to not favor this young man's Yankee future.

I hope we get lucky.

5 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

In some ways, getting out of this competition honorably might be the best thing for him right now.

This way, Big Red can go down to Scranton, free from tabloid rumor-mongering and the interest of other GMs, leaving Ellsbury to play his usual, aging Ellsbury game and then get hurt.

No pressure to trade him (or Cave, or McKinney). No pressure for him to hit a five-run homer every time up.

If he's all right, this could be the best thing that ever happened to him.

JM said...

I doubt Red will ever make it on the Yankees because he's just too red. How many Yankees stars have had such a swatch of flaming red hair? In another era, he could've gone to Montreal and been Le Grande Orange II. But those days are gone.

Anonymous said...

CAN'T WE JUST SEE IT?

CLINT FRAZIER'S 2021 STATS:
.302 BATTING AVERAGE
.379 ON BASE PERCENTAGE
.32 HOME RUNS
.93 RBI
.44 DOUBLES
.8 TRIPLES

ALL DONE FOR OUR FUCKING FRIENDS IN SEATTLE.

BOOK IT.

SICKENING.

Anonymous said...

I FORGOT TO ADD ...

21 STOLEN BASES.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.