Friday, April 5, 2019

Another one bites the dust

So Glenn Sather is stepping down after 19 of futility in running the Rangers.

I don't ean to compare him with Brian Cashman.  After all, Sather won five Stanley Cups in his previous incarnation guiding the Edmonton Oilers.

But hey, now that the guy who was 0-19 is gone, shouldn't we start thinking about Mr. 0-23?

Shouldn't this be like when all those Eastern European dictatorships began to fall after the wall came down?  Isn't it time for our very own Ceausescu to depart?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS POST HOSS...

JM said...

The Texas Rangers? The Lone Rangers?

Is there another Rangers out there? Maybe I missed it.

Carl J. Weitz said...

Horace...Sather was no great GM. He was a massive failure here like Phil Jackson was a massive failure with the Knicks. Well, let me qualify that. They weren't massive economic failures as both men fleeced that drunken fool Dolan out of a ton of cash.

But Sather, like Jackson, while good coaches are no geniuses. They had the players. Sather had Gretzky, Messier, Coffey, Fuhr, Tikkanen, Kevin Lowe, Glenn Anderson, et al. And it was his scouting department (one scout in particular who's name escapes me) that should get the credit. If you don't have the Jordans, Pippens, Bryants or Rodmans of the sport, suddenly you are no guru.

Good goddamn riddance to Sather.Don't let the door slam your ass on the way out.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.