Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Sinking Ship

From yesterday's press conference...


On rumors:

“First and foremost, is that true? Or is that somebody that’s just gotten in a bad moment, in a weak moment, with a phone call? … I know how this stuff works. Because I’ve been a part of situations — before we started flying high — where everybody starts turning on each other, and they eat each other like (their) young."

"Now it becomes a runaway train. It’s like, Whac-A-Mole, Whac-A-Mole, Whac-A-Mole: You can’t douse every single one."

- Brian Cashman

"Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

- Captain Queeg

6 comments:

Mildred Lopez said...

"I'm telling you that injuries & underperformance are part of it. ... Areas for us to get better at/improve at? Yes. Are there people that jumped off the bandwagon because we started to shit down our leg and [lose] games and it caused them to make mountains out of mole hills?"

2024 - Second verse same as the first!

edb said...

Sinking ship says it all. Good job.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Maybe we should start calling Ca$hole "old yellow stain"

JM said...

I was eating strawberries when I read this, and every time I eat strawberries I think of Bogart and his geometric logic

A brilliant and accurate parallel to Cashman's. The guy needs a long break somewhere far, far away. Outer space would be fine.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Just amazing how many mangers and GMs crack under the pressure of operating in New York.

Not so many owners, though. They seem to just like sitting back and watching the tiny, distant mortals have at one another.

Celerino Sanchez said...

I hope this team wins 60 games next year