...and was horrified by what I saw on my TV screen.
Perhaps the worst string of useless players I have ever witnessed:
Wells, Schuermann, Sanchez, Volpe, MacMahon Rosario and Caballero. Add in a pitcher named
Fulmer ( most common name amongst shelf-stockers in the CVS chain ), and watching a tie game ( at that moment0 was a waste of time.
The game was lost the second I saw our starting centerfielder ( Cabby ). And they waste the arm of Cam Schtitler for this? When will Cashman and Boone be sent to the retirement home?
Yankee fans know the answer is never.
So the Yankees will never be any better than this.
I will watch college football any time. Even the 84-0 game is better than watching the Yankees.
11 comments:
Since this season is already over, except for the dying, I'm composing a 'must trade' list for the off season, in order of removal:
Cashman (change the locks and put him on the security watch list)
Boone (give him a participation trophy)
Levine (call the cops and have him arrested)
Trost (make him sit in the cheap seats forever, as a paying customer)
Steinbrenner (name him as an unindicted Trump co-conspirator)
Stanton (tell him to run to the store and change the locks behind him)
McMahon (a .908 fielding percentage? He can't hit. Why is even here?)
Grisham (DFA, don't even explain why)
Duval (is there another sucker GM we can trade him too?)
Ramos (leave him behind on the next road trip)
Fulmer (give him a mop and have him clean the locker room)
Bird (DFA & let him fly away)
Hill (DFA, not a hill you want to die on)
Chisholm (Do not, I repeat, do not give him a qualifying offer!)
Hanner (How did he even get this far? Is he a Mason? just DFA)
Warren (Bombs Away Warren has to go away)
Weathers (Bad Weather Weathers? Just DFA)
Rosario (trade for a six pack of beer)
Volpe (wish him well, with apologies)
Dominguez (wish him well, with apologies)
Goldschmidt (give him a gold watch, thank him for his service)
A few I disagree with, Doc, but a lot of them -- time to catch a Greyhound and go away.
I disagree with the inclusion of the word "unindicted" in the fifth item.
Good list. Doval is gone and Grisham will be a FA so that's a start.
Jake Bird has already flown as well.
Out of curiosity, which ones? I was in a pissy mood, so I acknowledge I may have thrown out the wheat with the chaff
Sorry, I was defaulting to Queensbury rules. Feel free to indict!
My bad, I missed that flight!
See how well I'm paying attention in this supposed pennant drive? I'm napping through the games at this point.
Doctor T - You have reverse precience. Not everyone can predict the future of the past. It just goes to prove your suggestions are spot on.
I would keep Ryan "Stormy" Weathers. ("Keeps rainin' all the time/ The time...")
Post a Comment