Monday, May 7, 2012

Victory at Kansas City?

Well, we won. We beat the Royals. Two out of four. And we lose our best pitcher for the season. I met a Redsock fan yesterday, and it was painful. Usually, he's in my face. He's all over whatever has happened that is bad. This time, nothing. No smirking. No sadistic grin. Sheepish slump to the shoulders. Same with me. Just looked at him, saw all those buttons waiting to be pushed, did nothing. Said nothing. Finally, he just shook his head and said, "I think this is the year we both go down." And I agreed. It's come to this. Two wins in Kansas City. Coming home to play Tampa with our tails between our legs. And one of these days Jesus Montero will be playing in the stadium for Seattle. Maybe this IS the year.

1 comment:

Bob Feller said...

And last year the Cleveland Indians won it all! Remember? We knew it would happen by May 7th!