BUY MY BOOK: BARD OF THE DEAL: THE POETRY OF DONALD TRUMP
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Posted by Alphonso at 4:14 PM
Those who feel it emboldens our enemies are right, but it doesn't matter. Our enemies need no motivation to hate us. So the less popular answer ( so far ) is the voice of those who have positive experience with negative Ju-Ju.
The scientific truth ( evangelicals can stop reading here and make something up ) is that , " early negative Ju-Ju, done properly, is the seed corn of later growth, success and succulent summer parties."
The operative phrase is, "done properly."
For some reason a lot of negative Ju-Ju this year has proven to be nothing more than the painful truth. Instead of public humiliation for outlandish predictions proven false each day, far too many predictions have proven prescient. That is not only boring, it is harmful to the Yankees' chances.
We have been experiencing, " the Freddie Garcia," of negative Ju-Ju. In other words, the sinker no longer sinks, the fast ball has no movement and tops out at 85 mph, the curve no longer breaks and the change-up is a meatball.
Let me give you a few examples:
1. Claiming at the time of the trade that Pineda in fact had arm trouble, would have surgery, and would never pitch for the Yankees was supposed to assure a great season for him.
2. Claiming on the opening day of spring training that Tex would never bunt , was meant to assure us that he was working on bunting and would use his new-found skills to foil the infield shifts against him.
3. Claiming that Hughes ( before his first appearance in spring training ) was, at best, a mop-up guy for 6th inning work, was meant to help him win 18 games again.
4. Claiming that A- Rod's remaining 6 years would be a total waste of money was meant to re-invigorate his offensive output and power.
5. Claiming that Nunez was sure to make an error every game in which he played was meant to bring some glue back to that glove, and straighten out his throws.
We have had some isolated, in-game successes ( the Boston series, for example ) for negative Ju-Ju activities in 2012, but April has been pretty much a washout.
We'll see what happens with Dave Phelps tonight. I say he goes 2+ innings and gets whacked. He'll be sent back to Scranton on a bus in the morning.