Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Friday, August 22, 2014

Derek Jeter blew it. He should have named John Sterling to take the Ice Bucket Challenge

"And now, as young White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez steps up to the plate, stepping up to the microphone is the Radio Voice of the New York Yankees, John Sterling!"

"Thank you, Suzyn, thank you, everybody, and I want to welcome you all to an absolutely perfect night here at Yankee Stadium, where the Yankees will be hosting the Chicago White Sox. Joe Girardi's team is four games behind in the race for the second Wild Card slot, which makes tonight's game especially critical for YEAAAW! FUCK ME! WHAT THE FUCK! HOLY SHIT, THAT'S FUCKING COLD! GODDAMMIT, CANDY, WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOU TO DO THAT? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? I'M GODDAMM FUCKING FREEZING! FUCK, FUCK, FUCK! WHO THE FUCK DID THAT? I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL 'EM? I GONNA FUCKIN... well, excuse me, everybody. I'm being told that Derek Jeter called for it, a great human being, Derek Jeter, and, heh heh, Hiroki Kuroda checks the signal, thuuuuuuuugh pitch..."

No comments: