Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The sacrifices I make for the Yankees ...



A few days ago, I went on my annual scouting trip, scouring the beaches and tropics of this hemisphere to find the great Yankees of the future.

While I have not found that great prospect, despite great effort and too many Utica Clubs to count, I see that the Yankees have not lost since I left. I left with the team a crumbling mess and I now look and see hope.

I did not anticipate this powerful juju. So, in the name of all that is good, I guess I will have to stay here and continue soaking up the sun and Utica Club. All in the name of helping the team, of course.


3 comments:

I'm Bill White said...

Utica Club is the closest thing to Duff on earth. I applaud you.

Anonymous said...

Utica Club takes me back to my college days!

JM said...

And such a fine photo, too. Well done.

Remember, Utica Club is where it really swings. That's for anyone old enough to remember the commercial from the 60s.