When discussing sports, I think some idiot has to make a stand now and again and say what's on his mind. This is necessary so that others can claw his face off with alternative viewpoints.
I am just such an idiot.
While we still might want to trade to upgrade the starting rotation, here's the ideal 2017 Yankee lineup in my mind. Please have at it in the comments section:
- Pitcher - Tanaka, Sabathia, Warren, Mitchell, [Winner of Spring Training Pitch-off]
- Catcher - Sanchez
- 1B - Bird
- 2B - Castro ... for now, but let's make sure he knows we have hungry prospects behind him
- SS - Gregorius ... love this guy
- 3B - Any prospect who wants to step up and take it ... i.e., trade Headley, get what you can, and eat salary
- RF - Judge ... until he starts striking out ... give him until Memorial Day.
- CF - Any prospect who wants to step up and take it ... i.e., trade Ellsbury, get what you can, and eat salary
- LF - Gardner ... rested now and again by anyone off the bench
- DH - Carter / Holliday
I'd watch that team.
Thoughts? Alternative viewpoints? Claws?