Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Breaking News: Mike Mussina -- What the hell is going on?!?!

As the New York Yankees' front office continues to make offers to every available free agent, one little nugget o' news was lost in the shuffle yesterday.

Mike Mussina announced on the website River Ave. Blues, in the comments section in a post about the Leyritz drunk driving incident, that he plans on playing in 2009 for the Bronx Bombers.

Here is the quote from a certain "Mike from Montoursville":

Mike from Montoursville says:
November 17th, 2008 at 10:44 am

"I couldn’t agree more with you Brad K on all points. What a sad situation.

On another note, I wanted to announce first here on my favorite Yankees website, River Ave Blues, that I, Mike Mussina am not retiring and plan on playing the 2009 season for the New York Yankees.

Expect the breaking news in an hour or so. I wanted to tell the fans first, and this is by far the best Yankees site on the web, which attracts the most intelligent of Yankees fans. I’ll tell you what, Jim Rome, Peter Abraham over at Lohud and the writers at ‘It Is High, It Is Far, It Is caught’ all can kiss my white, Pennsylvania ass. I’m back, baby…

Here’s to the Yankees winning number 27 in 2009. God bless all you Yankees fans, and especially the writers at RAB!"

Sincerely,

Mike Mussina
From a cabin deep in the sacred Pennsylvania Woods
Stanford Educated
Yankee Pitcher since 2001

What we at IIH, IIF, IIc are supposed to make of this, I do not know.

But to be grouped with Jim Rome and the Bard of Lohud? We must have pissed in somebody's Cheerios.

More to follow on this story as it develops.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't Mussina. It was that punk, Pettitte, claiming to be Mussina again. I'm going to have to talk to him.

She-Fan said...

I think it was that jokester Joba after another night at the Kit Kat club.

Anonymous said...

mike mussina - shocking interview!
I can not believe!!!
http://fff.to/XP

Anonymous said...

mike mussina - shocking interview!
I can not believe!!!
http://fff.to/XP