Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cashman Strategy Revealed


To my left is the fetching young Phil Hughes, whom I may trade for a star player with a proven track record. I will know which player to keep and which to deal by the powers of my keen intellect.

I can see that you think ill of Hughes because of his injuries and poor winter pitching.

Unfortunately, because you are so obvious, I know you're bluffing. You actually want Hughes so badly that you're putting on a show, acting as if you don't want him.

Except that you knew I'd see through your bluff, and therefore you would not try such a tactic, and you really don't want Hughes, and I should therefore dump him.

Except, of course, you knew I'd see through your false fake bluff, as well as your secondary bluff, so therefore, I can tell that you're not bluffing, that you do want Hughes, so I should keep him.

But this is exactly what you would want me to think, and I can see it right through you, and therefore I will trade this lovely young prospect...

And steal your star centerfielder, aging, strike-out prone, low average, overpriced Mike Cameron! Hahahahahahaha, you've been completely outwitted!

5 comments:

She-Fan said...

My eyes are crossing reading that. But - Oh, wait! That was your strategy, Cashman! You wanted my eyes to cross, so you could steal Mike Cameron and I'd be too blind to notice. Or am I just bluffing?

BernBabyBern said...

Inconceivable!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I 've seen that movie. What's its title again?
Cash the Bald and His Bride?

Anonymous said...

We can trade Hughes for W!
He can be our version of Philly Phanatic, only he's dumber than most furry mascots.

Mark said...

Now I get it.