Friday, November 28, 2008

Day 14: Waiting for C.C.


CASH: I'm leaving. I can't wait any longer.
GIRARDI: We can't leave.

CASH: He's not coming.
GIRARDI: You don't know that.
CASH: I've almost forgotten what we were waiting for.
GIRARDI: You know who.
CASH: (Sadly) Sometimes, I'm not sure. I'm tired of waiting.
GIRARDI: (Angrily). For Melky? We've all waited for Melky.
CASH: And Hughes.
GIRARDI: Hughes! Ugh. I'd forgotten Hughes.
CASH: And Kennedy.
GIRARDI: Kennedy... Kennedy...
CASH:(Sadly) Forever, we'll wait for Kennedy.
GIRARDI: What is forever?
CASH: Colter Bean.
(They stand silently, depressed, pondering essence of non-existence.)
GIRARDI: What do you think he's doing?
CASH: I don't know.
GIRARDI: He could be picking up the phone.
CASH: He could be eating.
GIRARDI: He could be dialing as we speak.
CASH: He could be eating a cub scout troop.
(They stand silently, bowed, pondering the fundamental emptiness of despair.)
GIRARDI: (Sighs) Swisher at first...
CASH: He can also play center!

4 comments:

She-Fan said...

CC just called me. He said to tell you to lay off the fat jokes.

BernBabyBern said...

With the money Hank's offered him, he can hire someone just to follow him around and tell him how svelte he is.


(... and if you decide to do that, CC, is there an address I can snd a resume to?)

Anonymous said...

Fat jokes?

We're just getting warmed up for when he doesn't sign.

We will call for JIHAD with fat jokes as the weapon of choice.

Anonymous said...

CC just called me. He said he'll sign with the Angels if you people keep using the "f" word.