Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ohio Animals: The poem

I think I’ve fallen in a rut,
Digesting news from yesterday 
Gaddafi’s death won’t faze me, BUT— 
I hope that monkey got away. 

Let loose into suburban lands, 
Ohio, red alert... all day. 
That hairy face, those trembling hands... 
I hope that monkey got away. 

He never really had a chance, 
Devoured by a bear, they say. 
I hope he donned a pair of pants,
Jumped in a car, and drove away. 

Perhaps wear glasses, looking weird,
And part his hair the other way,
Or maybe even shave his beard,
And wear a braided blonde toupee.

He wouldn't try to start a rumpus,
No matter what those troopers say.
I hope he made it to Columbus, 
To Cleveland maybe, all the way.

I hope he tweaks the hand of fate,
And finds a home in which to stay,
A hope he finds his monkey mate.
I really hope he got away.

2 comments:

Alibi Ike said...

The only good thing to come of the whole thing is the image of the monkey driving to Cleveland.

JM said...

I just hope he got a nice car for the ride. Probably couldn't get a rental, no ID or credit card. At least, that we know of.

Wonder if the O'Neills might take him in?